Manila Restaurant Reviews: Chocolate Kiss Cafe, UP Diliman

When my sis and I were younger, our mom would really force us to go to our weekly piano lessons. And I can always remember that, though, it felt like torture at that time, we would always be happy at the end of the day since we'd get to eat at the Chocolate Kiss Cafe  located at  the Bahay ng Alumni - UP Diliman.

Back then we always ordered the Chix in a Basket = breaded chicken fingers with a garlicky barbeque dip (which now is watered down and does not contain the garlic bits that I love). But nowadays, our staple orders would be the Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and the Lasagna.

Salisbury Steak with Mashed potatoes 
I really like this dish, some of my friends don't like this as it's basically a burger patty with mushroom gravy, but for me it's like comfort food! Plus I really like their mashed potatoes when it's served hot.
(Sometimes food quality is not up to par when the place is packed.)


Lasagna 
I think their present servings are smaller than before. I can remember when the Lasagna almost covered the entire plate! But nevertheless, it's still yummy.

Onion rings
We also ordered this - it was okay. But, I like the Outback's onion rings better.


Maybe I'm just a bit biased since I grew up eating this almost weekly. But for those around the area and want to try affordable pasta and yummy cakes, be sure to check out this resto.

Where is the Chocolate Kiss Cafe located? 2nd flr, UP Bahay ng Alumni, Diliman, Quezon City

Comments

Popular Posts